Homemade Vegan Hummus
This recipe has been altered from Hallelujah Acres version.
I use all organic ingredients for health as well as for flavor!
Serving Size: Makes approximately 2 cups
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
16 oz. can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
3 Tbs.fresh almond butter
1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1 Tbs. extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
2 medium garlic cloves (peeled)
1 tsp. Redmond Sea Salt
1/2 to 1 tsp. cumin
pinch white pepper
1 tsp. raw or dried chopped parsley (optional)
1. In a food processor place the garlic and run until well minced.
2.Then place the garbanzo beans and process for 20 seconds.
3. Scrape sides into the middle and add the rest of the ingredients.
4. Process until well mixed and creamy.
5. Transfer to glass bowl, sprinkle with parsley, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
* Serve with a big plate of cut up raw fresh veggies.