Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
*For best results use all organic ingredients.
1 cup organic non-GMO cornmeal
1 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
1/2 tsp. Redmond’s Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 cup organic coconut milk
1 egg white
1 Tbs. avocado oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Place parchment
paper on large baking sheet.
2. In large bowl, combine cornmeal, baking
powder, salt, and paprika. Mix well.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together milk,
egg white, and oil until smooth.
4. Add milk mixture to cornmeal mixture.
Stir until batter is just combined.
Shape into 1 1/2- inch apart, on
prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake hushpuppies until tops are firm
and golden, about 10-15 minutes.
Try adding 2 tablespoons of chopped green
onion or sweet onion, and/or 2 tablespoons
red or green diced bell peppers to the
batter. Or use 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper instead