Almond Flour Crust With Apple Pie Filling
*Use all organic ingredients if possible for
health as well as flavor.
Gluten-Free Almond Pie Crust:
2 Tbls. Maple Syrup
1 1/2 cups Almond Flour/ Almond Meal
1/4 tsp. Redmond’s Sea Salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbls. coconut oil, melted
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Making The Crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In medium bowl combine the dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
4. Stir wet ingredients into the dry ones.
5. In a glass pie pan, with fingers, pat the dough
crust onto the bottom and up the sides in an
even layer. (If necessry, dampen hands slightly
to keep the crust from sticking to fingers.
6. Bake for 10 minutes untill crust is beginning
to brown…after 8 minutes keep checking, it
7. Remove from oven and cool.
Apple Pie Filling:
4 organic apples, peeled, cored and cut into
3 tsp. coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. raw honey
2 tbls. almond butter
handful of walnuts (broken into small pieces)
1. Melt coconut oil in pan and throw in the apple
pieces. Saute on medium to low hwatfor a couple of
minutes until soft.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to
3. Heat until the apples are assoft as youlike
and ingredients are fully mixed together.
Making the Pie:
Pour the filling onto the cooled crust. Refrigerate
until ready to serve. Enjoy!